Changing your account details

It is important that you keep us updated of any changes to your personal circumstances that affect your mortgage with us. Please contact us if you wish to discuss any changes, or see the information below.

Change your name or address

To change your name or correspondence address details, please contact us so that we can understand your circumstances and take you through the process.

Third party authority

To enable a third party to discuss your mortgage account, please complete and sign the Third Party Authority form and return it to :

Bradford & Bingley / Mortgage Express, PO Box 629, DURHAM, DH1 9JQ.

Transfer of equity

If you are changing the legal ownership of your home (adding or removing someone from the mortgage), due to marriage or divorce for example, you need to complete a transfer of equity. This process can be complex and you will usually need to involve a solicitor. If you want to change the ownership of your home please contact us and we will be happy to take you through the process.

For more information and guidance on Divorce and Separation, please see our Personal Support section

How to notify us of a bereavement

Following the loss of a loved one we understand there are lots of arrangements to be made and that this can be a distressing time. We're here to help you through this difficult time by making the process of notifying us as easy as we can.

In the first instance we recommend you speak to us by calling our team on 0330 159 2590* and we will explain what you need to do next.

For more resources and information regarding Bereavement please visit our Personal Support section.

Alternatively you may prefer to write to us, if so please see below for further information about what you will need to send us and where to send the information to.

You will need to send us:

  • The full name of the deceased customer and mortgage account number, if known.
  • Your full name, address and contact number.
  • The full name and address of the personal representative of the estate (if different from above).
  • The original Death Certificate or certified copy of the Death Certificate
    If a copy, this must be certified by a solicitor.
  • If obtained, a sealed copy of the grant of probate/ certificate of confirmation.

You will need to send the above to:

Bradford & Bingley/Mortgage Express
PO BOX 629,

All original documents will be returned to you via recorded delivery.

If you have any questions or would like to speak to us please ring 0330 159 2590*